HostGator
Use SMFHELP25OFF for 25% off!

Author Topic:  HELP! We are locked out...  (Read 10527 times)

July 27, 2014, 03:08:11 PM

Offline thorfourwinds

• View Profile
HELP! We are locked out...
« on: July 27, 2014, 03:08:11 PM »

(Register to disable this ad!)
This is where we are.

Database Error
Incorrect key file for table './smp_6636k2o3bo/smf_log_online.MYI'; try to repair it
File: /hermes/bosoraweb124/b183/glo.zorgon/forum1/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2804

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.4, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Any help is thanked.

thorfourwinds@thelivingmoon.com
706-490-4401

July 27, 2014, 04:38:56 PMReply #1

Offline thorfourwinds

• View Profile
Re: HELP! We are locked out...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »
It seems to have fixed itself...lol.
We still need help and I am willing to become a Charter Member here.
Thanks
Thor

August 17, 2015, 02:51:33 PMReply #2

Offline thorfourwinds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »
This has been a problem for WEEKS now.
I asked for help before - willing to pay - and was ignored.
We are unable install a black skin after upgrading on the Pegasus Research Consortium.
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/photographs-struggling-girl.jpg
I am willing to pay for this assistance.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
thorfourwinds@thelivingmoon.com
706-490-4401

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum2/index.php?action=forum

ArMaP:
"When I was looking at the new members today, while looking at their IP addresses I saw some errors, and when I looked at the error log I saw that it's full of the same error, "8: Undefined index: can_make_article".

Apparently, this error occurs whenever anyone looks at a thread, so we have (at the moment) this error 43901 times on the error log, and it's related to the Simple Portal.

My test forum doesn't have this problem, so I don't have a way of seeing locally how to solve it.

The Simple Portal site has at least one thread about this problem, and they say that it looks like the removal of the old version didn't work as expected."

Zorgon:
"Maybe it's time to just start a new clean copy and leave this old one up as reference"

ArMap:
"I took a look at my test forum and the "GenericControls.template.php" file doesn't have any reference to "can_make_article", so it really looks like there's a mix of old and new files."

Zorgon:
"There are many skins   SMF is a volunteer program  and skins are made by anyone. Problem is a lot have bugs. It took me a long time to find a black one where all the functions worked

The Star Trek one was close but they were missing some features

The one I used was WoW  World of Warcraft.  I then merely force the forum to default to ONE portion of the WoW skin and created new graphics and named them to the WoW theme names...  So no need to mess with the coding sheets

The problem with SMF is that when it updates the program it usually requires the other Modules and Plugins to be updated as well... So if the developer no longer cares   well it goes bye bye

If we had a php expert we could take any working skin and change the style sheets.  The WoW skin has 689 style sheets" :D

and Zorgon:
"At the time I loaded the WoW sking I tried several but all had missing buttons etc. Star Trek was one I looked at but then found WoW worked flawlessly

I picked ONE of the WoW styles (Dark Elves) and simply changed the graphics to Pegasus Graphics and uploaded them into the WoW directory

Then I forced each board to allow only the modified WoW directory to be used

I could have saved me a lot of trouble by setting the overall default but found that out only now when I had to remove the forced setting from every sub board manually  At least the daughter boards didn't need that

There is no way really to test a skin unless you load it and run it for a week or so...  unless you have a copy of the software at home like ArMaP does

I will attempt the upgrade this weekend and hope it doesn't collapse

I will likely have to upgrade the Simple Portal and that will likely mean manually resetting all the banners in all the boards."

ArMaP:
"After some digital fight with my web server (it's just an old computer that I have at home, far from a real server) I finally managed to get a copy of the forum working, as you can see here (I hope).

I made a fresh install of the SMF forum software, at version 2.0.6, to reproduce the situation with this forum. After that I installed the Simple Portal, but I used version 2.3.6 instead of version 2.3.3, the one this forum uses.

Then I replaced the empty database with the last database backup, so the forum looked exactly like this one when it came back online some days ago. Then I upgraded it to versions 2.0.7, 2.0.8, 2.0.9 and finally to 2.0.10, all without any problems.

As I didn't remember I didn't install the mods this forum has (PaypalDonations and YouTube BBCode), and when I went looking for them I found that PaypalDonations is not compatible even with version 2.0.6. I was able to install the YouTube BBCode mod.

Now I'm going to look for themes. :)"

and ArMaP:
"That UTF-8 situation is a little strange, as it looks like that's a setting in more than one place. From what I have seen it looks like PHP needs to know if has to work with UTF-8 or not (and, judging by the fact that the preview of the posts works, it looks like PHP is indeed working with UTF-8) and all the database fields that get input from the users also need to be UTF-8, otherwise the codes that are stored do not correspond to the right codes and we get those strange characters.

If I'm not mistaken converting the database to UTF-8 returned an error, right?"

more ArMaP:
"It looks like MySQL defaults to Swedish, I had the same problem all the times I create a new database.  ???

In one of my tests I wasn't able to use the forum software to change to UTF-8, so I went to the database and executed this command:

(pegasus is the name of my database)

ALTER DATABASE pegasus CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

This command changes all tables to UTF-8"

FRUSTRATING IS NOT THE WORD FOR WHAT WE FEEL!

PLEASE HELP!

February 19, 2016, 06:29:01 PMReply #3

Offline thorfourwinds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:29:01 PM »
Still have that sickly white theme…how do we dsolve this to get it back to black?

Thank you for any help.

With great respect,
thorfourwinds
Admin

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum2/index.php?action=forum

Tags:

Click here for $50 off!
Click here for $50 off!